Top Five Things You Can Do to Make Your Business More Secure
If you own a business that requires to you to store lots of expensive products on site, you’ll know how potentially devastating a theft could be to your bottom line. Although you may recover your losses via insurance, the potential damage to your reputation may be harder to fix, especially if you rely on customer goodwill or your reputation to do business.
The best way to combat such potential headaches is to prevent them from happening in the first place and make your business more secure. Here are our top five tips for making your business less of a target:
Protecting Your Business – Top Tips
1) Give off the impression of being too secure for thieves to bother. Obvious security measures around your premises will act as an immediate deterrent for would-be thieves. Start with sturdy fencing and gated entrances that are well-lit, as this sends a clear message that you’ve invested money in protecting your business. This doesn’t mean you need to look like a prison though – it’s still possible to be tasteful and secure at the same time!
2) Never leave new clients alone with high value products. Sometimes thieves can pose as potential buyers, so it’s never wise to trust unknown customers around your merchandise, especially if you deal in easily concealable high value items like jewelry.
3) Don’t divulge alarm codes or give keys to new staff members. Criminal gangs can sometimes infiltrate your organization and then gather inside information, leaving you wide open to a major theft. Only give trusted, vetted staff members the keys to the safe, and where possible, keep security codes secret.
4) Invest in a good security enclosure. Many retailers and distributors who keep high value or hazardous goods on-site usually have a specially-designed metal security enclosure installed in their stockroom. This provides an added layer of protection from thieves who may break in to your premises.
5) Avoid routines. Thieves will often stake out premises in advance, looking for any weak spots in your security procedures. This especially true of armed robberies, so when it comes to closing or opening times, try and change things up a little so you don’t become too predictable.
Secure Your Business Premises with Some Help from the Professionals
West Florida Fence are experts in security fences and enclosures, and would be happy to discuss your security needs with you in detail. Protect yourself today by calling 813 251 5883.